COWI covers all aspects of environmental protection:
- Environmental scoping studies
- Environmental impact assessments
- Strategic environmental assessments
- Environmental permitting
- Environmental management plan development
- Site supervision and monitoring
It is necessary to strike a balance between the protection of nature and environment and the demands of development and growth. COWI assists the public and private sector in maintaining this balance. It requires knowledge about the activities in question and the unique Gulf environment.
We possess the experience and professional strength to carry out complex environmental impact assessments of:
- Major bridges, causeways, roads and railways
- Coastal cities and waterfront developments
- Harbours and airports
- Industries, offshore oil field development
- Oil and gas pipelines, high-tension power lines
- Large buildings, recreation parks
- Waste treatment plants and solid waste landfills.